Thursday 17 January 2013

Dvd cover development

I have already made a film poster so now I am making DVD Sleeve of my Film idea 'Killing Silence'










I got the measurements of a normal DVD sleeve, made a page that size then used the 'ruler' tool to make the spine of the sleeve.

I then chose the background off my poster but because it was mainly dark and I made the back of the cover black to suit the theme of my film using the 'square tool' then filled it in with the 'paint pot' tool.








I then used the same image as my poster but made myself smaller and more central so I can make it portrait and not landscape. I made it smaller using the 'free transform' option.
I then added my title onto the front and side, I had to rotate the text so it would go on the spine as well.





I then added the tagline.

I then added the age rating on the front, spine and back, I got the image off the internet, I also added the 'DVD' logo because all DVD's have them on, I put one on the back and spine, finally I put a logo I made on 'Adobe Illustrator' on the front back and spine to show it is mine.






I then added the actors name into the top so people know who the main actors are so people might get it for the actors.









I then added an audi r8 to the background so there is something good to look at at shows this is his car, I got it off my film poster.









I then put a synopsis on the back which is similar to a blurb on a book so it gives a bit of insight into the film to encourage people to buy the DVD. 









I then got some images off the internet to show different scenes in the film and I also took one picture to put in. I also put in a box to show the special features so people know what is in the film and want to buy it.







I added the final legal stuff which is the credits, barcode, why it is a 15 and the other information like the region and running time, I got most of the legal things off the internet but the credit bar off learning box and changed certain things.





























This is my final DVD sleeve for my film

No comments:

Post a Comment